Wednesday 2 October 2013

Just A Quick Life Update

Hello Friends!

Firstly, I apologise for the blog absence, but things have been BUSY in Tahlia land. This post is going to be short and sweet (you hating on the writing cliches yet?) until I get some time to get further into the details on what has been making my life so busy. 

Did you all see my new blog header? For someone who has no interest or any particular talent in web and graphic design I think I did a pretty banging job if I do say so myself. Created entirely in picmonkey because I'm not throwing away money for photo editing software when I can do it for free online. Sorry not sorry. 

Regarding the job situation. None yet, but I remain hopeful as I have been having interviews and surely someone will hire me in the future. Project optimism and positivity is still in full swing over here.

So what has been taking up so much of my time? As much as I would like to say sleeping, eating and walking my two favorite fur babies it has in fact, been due to me signing up to a PERSONAL TRAINING COURSE. WHAT?!? I know. Its the Fast Track program from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers. Basically, its a quicker way to get your certificate three and four in fitness, which will ultimately lead me to being qualified to train people in a gym setting or elsewhere. Its legit guys, I did my research. What makes it better than the other programs I looked at was (a) it was done right here in my own town and (b) its a combination of online and practical learning so it can be done at my own pace. You have a whole year to complete it which gives me flexibility on how and when I choose to do my assignments. So far I am loving it as its keeping me motivated and giving me an excuse to plan a schedule which I force myself to stick to. No slacking around will be done in this house!

Where do I want to go with this certification? Having something I love doing as a career is my ultimate goal in life. I get excited shivers down my spine when I think of all the opportunities I will have upon completion of this course. I would like to train clients as a personal trainer and construct workout regimes which will help them achieve their goals. Eventually I would love to become a pilates instructor but I feel like I need a few more years of practise under my belt before I can start teaching my own classes.

That's whats been going on in my life and why I have been absent. I will try to make updates more often as I do really enjoy the process of blogging and putting my thoughts out into the world whether anyone is reading this or not. And if anyone IS reading this then I hope that you will continue reading as I will endeavor to update with interesting things that are happening in my life.

Until next time,

-Tahlia xo

P.S You can see in the header that my much anticipated running bare crop top and booty shorts arrived safe and sound. I am loving them to pieces, probably the most comfortable yoga/pilates attire that I own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment