Tuesday 17 September 2013

Things That I'm Obsessed With: Workout Attire

Hello again!

I got to bed a bit late last night. I'd like to blame the Doctor Who marathon that I had going on but I'm an adult and should take responsibility for my own actions. It was the David Tennant era and I just cannot take my eyes off that gorgeous man. Sorry not sorry.



After a lazy morning I did a couple of Blogilates workouts.


Your Royal Hotness. This I had never done before and it was A LOT harder than I anticipated. I was SHAKING. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a quick total body workout.

I also did a video from LiveStrong for Women, another fitness channel I suggest you take a look at if you want some more variety. Not that Cassey doesn't include variety in her videos, there's just a different range of workouts from a few famous fitness gurus such as Tara Stiles and Ashley Borden. I'll touch more on this channel in the near future.

 The workout I did today was Cassey's Sleek and Sexy Arms for Beginners.



 IT. WAS. HARD. I have terrible upper body strength and it's something I'm continuously trying to improve on. I probably wouldn't recommend this video for people who have never worked out before but for people who would like a little challenge then go for it. 

The title of this post is pretty self explanatory. I'm going to share with you a few things that I have been really into lately. This post isn't a shill for free things, nor am I getting paid to do this post. I have a lot of spare time lately due to joblessness and its really given me more time to try new and different things. So here is what I'm obsessed with currently.

Running Bare. I am really into bright and colourful workout clothing lately. I never used to be, black was always a staple in my workout wardrobe (slimming!).
But I've seen so many fun and colourful prints on Pinterest that its converted me. I now love lots of colour, especially a combination of wild prints and neon hues. Running Bare, an athletic clothing label, has really been hitting the nail on the head in terms of style and uniqueness in fitness fashion. I am currently coveting the following:



And lucky for me, my boyfriend saw a couple of the items of clothing I had bookmarked and he bought them for me! I am so spoiled by him its not even funny. This is what is coming to me in the mail:


Kabbalah Bikram Bra AND



I CANNOT WAIT to do a pilates workout in these babies. 

I am also obsessed with any kind of Nike Free shoes. They come in such funky colour and patterns that it makes me want a pair of all of them in every possible combination. For outfit coordination of course. And a woman can never ever have enough shoes (no matter what my boyfriend tries to tell me).

I am currently loving this pair of Nike Free 4.0 V3 from the Athlete's Foot

Source

I have a thing for pink and grey colour combinations. Don't ask me why, but it always looks 'pleasant' to my eyes than either of the two colours on their own. 

 I am also eyeing off a pair of the Nike Studio Wrap shoes seen below.

I probably don't need them as all my workouts are done at my home in a carpeted living room. But If I ever decide to do a class in a studio these would be good for keeping grip on the hardwood floors when your feet get sweaty. I imagine they would be particularly useful in a hot yoga class!

 Source

Nike is a tried and true fitness brand that I absolutely love. I have always incorporated their clothing and shoes in my workouts, sports and every day clothing as I have found their attire is both comfortable and on trend. 

But as seen above and in my last post, I'm happy to wear a mixture of clothing brands as there is always something new and different in each one. I must admit though that Running Bare is slightly in the lead with their more 'out there' and colourful attire. But until they come out with an exclusive line of shoes I will always choose Nike over any other brand.

I will try to include a few more 'Things I Love' post in the future that cover a range of categories including foods, beauty, workouts and anything else that comes to mind. Generally, if I find myself thinking about it a lot then I'll probably write a blog post about it!

Until next time,

-Tahlia XO



No comments:

Post a Comment