Monday 16 September 2013

Slacking off!

I've been a bad blogger and have been SLACKING OFF majorly with the blog posts recently. I haven't even gotten to part 3 of my birthday weekend! I apologise to anyone who wanted it straight away- but I am positive that no one reads here so I guess I can slack off from time to time.

Today I was feeling usually energetic. Maybe its all the job interviews but I feel like I'm actually doing something with my life instead of just going to work and going home. I have met up with so many friends, gone to a few more parties and have been generally enjoying life at the moment. It's been sweet.

My workout today was a mixture of Blogilates videos.

I did the Hiitilates video Beautiful Burn



Pop Cardio Summer Sweat Fest



100 Burpee burnout  




AND the Call Me Maybe Squat challenge. 


(All videos are from Cassey Ho's You Tube channel, Blogilates. Her website is here)

I know. I don't know where all the extra energy has come from but I've really been enjoying my workouts and pushing myself recently.

I just got a new Lorna Jane tank too, which also helps with the energy (thank you to gift cards!). I always workout harder in cute clothing :)




So back to my birthday weekend.
I had dinner with my parents, parents 'in law' and my boyfriend at The Balcony restaurant, mentioned a couple of posts back. I of course got the seafood stone grill and everything was fresh and delicious as it always is. My dining companions also raved about how delicious their meals were, so I highly recommend booking for a function at the Balcony. It gets pretty packed out though so book a table!

Now, remember I mentioned loosing my phone? I was trying on some shoes in Cotton On and must have left it on a stand there and just walked out the store. This is why I cant have nice things-I am the biggest scatter brained person in the whole world. I have even just lost one shoe before. Yep. Just the one shoe. And no, I was not drunk at the time. I also left one of my gift card presents at the restaurant but the lovely staff there mailed it back to me when they found it. Thank God for the kindness of strangers. 

I did manage to get a picture of the frozen yogurt I ate before loosing my phone. Healthy it was not.




I then met my friends in the bar downstairs from the restaurant and at that point on the night was a bit of a blur. Too many shots of tequila were downed, although I did manage to stay away from the dreaded jagerbombs so I call that a win! I'll let a couple of pictures (from Facebook) do the talking.









My friends have been threatening me with a lot of embarrassing ones which I hope do not see the light of day! UNTAG! UNTAG!
I woke up a bit worse for wear the next day and decided to go see a movie. The boyfriend and I saw Kick Ass 2, which was OK. It was a lot darker and more crude than the first one. And a some of the fight scenes were gruesome but if that's your kind of thing then you will probably enjoy it.


For eats I was craving something fatty and cheesy and ended up getting a burrito bowl from Salsa's Mexican grill. With Chips. And a water. It was exactly what I was craving and definitely helped my hangover to be less intense. At least my stomach thought so.

The next day we picked up the dogs and left fairly early as I had a job interview later that day. All my job interviews have gone well so far, so here's hoping I hear from someone in the very near future. And now for a dog picture because you all know you want to see a picture of the two cutest fur balls in the world. Admit it. 





-Tahlia xo

No comments:

Post a Comment