Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Birthday Part 2

Hello again everyone!

I had FOUR different job interviews today, so here's hoping that I hear back from them soon. I'm so impatient. 
Today I made pancakes for breakfast. I have it memorized from all the times I used to make them as a kid from my mum's personal recipe journal. Here it is if anyone was interested: WARNING: they are't protein pancakes or filled with any kind of super food so please feel free to skip if this isn't your thing. If you however love carbs and sugar then keep reading:

For one serving (makes about 3-4 pancakes)

1/3 cup of self raising flour
1/4 cup of whole milk
1 dessert spoon of sugar
1 egg

1. Whisk the egg and sugar together until combined
  (You can sift the flour for less lumps but I don't usually bother for such a small amount)
2. Combine half the portion of flour with the eggs and sugar, stir
3. Add half the portion of milk, stir
4. Continue adding flour and milk step by step like above until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. I do it this way so that there are no lump whatsoever but you can add it all together at once just make sure you stir it well!
5. Heat up a buttered frying pan on medium heat and add a small amount of the mixture. Heat one side until it bubbles all over and you can lift it up slightly from underneath with the spatula.

6. Flip it over and brown on the other side.
7. Repeat above two steps with remainder of the mixture. 
8. Enjoy your delicious pancakes with whatever topping you desire! I used raspberry jam in the below picture.

you can add or subtract to the measurement of milk for thick or thin pancakes. I like mine on the slightly thick side but for thinner ones maybe use 1/3 cup instead of 1/4.


They don't look pretty but they tasted amazing!

Now, back to my birthday weekend.
On Saturday we woke up fairly early so I could go see how my babies were going at my mums house. I'm such a sook that I can't go several days without seeing my two little fur children. My boyfriend thought I was being silly but I couldn't help myself. We took them for a walk in the forest just down the road from my mum's house. Gemma really enjoyed herself but I think poor Gypsy struggled with the hills a bit (OK, I did too!). 



We then went back to the hotel and dropped the car off with the valet before catching a taxi to the Adelaide Show Grounds to go to the Royal Adelaide Show- an event that has a strong agricultural focus with lots of rides, show bags and side shows thrown in for the people like me who go for the 'carnival' aspect. 

I didn't go on any rides (too expensive-some of them were $20 for one go!)  but I did try some nice wines in the TasteSA tent. I bought a bottle of sweet white for something different- usually I go for more dry white varieties but I thought it would be good to have as a dessert wine. I also visited one of my best friends who was showing sheep. Hers won in all their categories but I wasn't surprised as their stud farm clean up every year.




 I of course had a cup of cider to celebrate in her honor. 

After a few hours of wandering around the grounds we decided to call it a day and head back to the hotel room for a shower and to rest our feet before the evenings festivities.

This will be a short post today as I just realized am running late for dinner plans! I promise to finish the (best) of the weekend recaps tomorrow!


(The above picture is from my birthday last year but I recently learned to make gifs and had to include it!!)

-Tahlia xo


No comments:

Post a Comment